Thursday, November 12, 2009

Trends I Can Do Without: The Skinny Jean

I absolutely hate skinny jeans.

I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure they would make a skeleton look like it had a big ass. And not the good kind of big ass either. Any pair of pants that tapers down at the leg makes you look like a less-exaggerated version of one of those hippos from Fantasia. You know, wide at the hips and itty-bitty at the ankles. Yikes.

An addendum to the skinny jean issue is the whole skinny-jeans-tucked-into-boots trend. A boot that gracefully allows a bare or pantyhosed leg to emerge is beautiful. A boot that is wrapped around a pair of jeans is stump city. Ugh.

I don't know why anyone would wear a pair of pants that are that deliberately unflattering, and I REALLY don't know why anyone would want to look short and thick. Those of us that are short and thick (*raises hand*) have enough issues without having to hunt up jeans that look passable.

No comments:

Post a Comment